Obvious,But Not So Obvious
I think that I've been pretty lucky when it comes to dating because although some of the guys I've been with have been less than nice, for the most part I've never dealt with anything that was really crazy. My main problem with guys is that most don't understand what a relationship is really about and how a relationship naturally forms. Actually most people in general, male and female, don't understand the basics of relationships. We've become such a microwave society, so much so that we cheat ourselves out of quality relationships everyday. Sometimes we focus so much on "networking"-what we can get out of people and how we can get it- that we forget how to genuinely relate to people, which is all a relationship is.
- KNOW- This is the stage where, of course, you are getting to know each other. You ask stuff like, you know, where are you from, what do you do...very superficial questions. And according to the facilitator this stage lasts ATLEAST 3 months. Whenever you feel like things are going too fast, rewind back to this stage. It probably was rushed.
- TRUST- As you'll see, many of these stages are self explainatory. But they're also the types of things that are apparently obvious but not so obvious. This is the stage where you build up trust for a person, but how do you know when you really can trust a person? If the Know stage lasts 3 months, this one should last at least that long if not longer.
- RELY- Just because you trust someone does not mean that you would rely on them. To rely on someone is beyond trust; you actually would put some important aspect of your life in their hands.
- COMMIT- Oh yes. Here is that word that players hate to hear.
- TOUCH- In other words, sex. See how this is the LAST step in the natural progression of relationships? But somehow we think that we can rush to No.5...and then we wonder why we have such a hard time.